Today, I've rolled out all of these changes on my website. I also altered the way my audience parameter works. Previously it embedded h-cards within each post with an audience. Now, all audience and person-tag h-cards are stored in my nickname cache first, and then I just put the h-card's uid within the audience array. This change was suggested by Sven in the IndieWeb chat and it was a smart move so I decided to go with that approach.
All in all, I'm very happy with how this turned out. I already added an h-card for a previous post's audience over Micropub and then added that url to the post so that it displays. It worked great! I also added support for retrieving a list of h-cards from the nickname cache by sending a
GET request to my Micropub endpoint with
This will allow me to build into my Micropub client a request to fetch my nicknames cache and display it to the user. The user will then allow me to select which cards I'd like to attach to a post's audience. The uids of those cards would then be added to the audience of the Micropub post. Feels like a pretty seamless experience to add audiences to my posts which is important because in the future I'll be utilizing audiences more as I begin to add support to my site for private posts.